Our community outreaches include:
- COF in partnership with Lagos State Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health organized a Grassroots Cardiovascular Health Program in 10 selected secondary schools. This program is still ongoing and recording huge success.
- The Grassroots Cardiovascular Health (GRCH) is an enlightenment program that teaches a healthier lifestyle and ways to ensure a Healthy Heart and an active life. The diet and lifestyle education of GRCH focuses on the following: Nutrition, Family History, Smoking, Red Meat Consumption, Cloudy Climate, Obesity, Lack of Exercise, Stress and Depression, Alcohol Consumption and Fatty and Oily Diet. During the event, we also offer free blood pressure checks, weight and height measurements, Body Mass Index calculation, among other checks. Those who need more attention are referred to Lagos State University Teaching Hospital LASUTH, Lagos University Teaching Hospital LUTH, and General Hospital to see cardiologists for further treatment. Various information materials on cardiovascular diseases and healthy living are also distributed to all beneficiaries.
- COF kicked start its community outreaches in 2017 – 2018 with the Team of RCCG Olive Tree Prison Ministry Medical Outreach with some basic medical tests which include Blood Sugar, Blood Pressure, and BMI. EMZOR also supported with drugs during the event. The outreach was held at Ikoyi Prison Yard on the 28th of January, 2017 .
In attendance we had about 3,000 prisoners at the premises. We attended to over 1000 participants. There were cases of High Blood Pressure which we brought to the attention of their nurses. The exercise was very successful.
- COF participated at World Cancer Day Town Hall Session in Akure, OndoState organised by Her Excellency, Mrs Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, wife of the Governor of Ondo State. The event took place at BG Events, AkureOwo Expressway,Ondo State on Saturday 4thof February, 2017
The aim of the event was to inform and to educate them and mobilize women folk to have regular check-ups for possible breast cancer twice a year.The free medical screening by Chike Okoli Foundation included Blood Sugar, Body Mass Index Measurement, and Blood Pressure with the help of doctors and nurses available at the event.
In attendance, we had over 1000 participants at the event. Emzor and COF Participation added a huge SUCCESS to the event.
- Chike Okoli Foundation supported Nlogha & Ifeoma Okeke Foundation with a free Medical Outreach to the people of Nnewi on the 11th of March 2017
The Venue was the Mbanagu Otolo Nnewi Hall. Activities carried out include: Free Blood Pressure Check, Blood Sugar Test, BMI Calculation, Eye Test, Anti- Malaria Test and Distribution of our health information materials and counselling services by the Nlogha & Ifeoma Okeke Foundation doctors and nurses at the event.
We had Over 300 participants who benefitted from the exercise, including the market women.
- COF Participated at the Rotary Club Community Outreach, Ogombo, Lagos on the 18th of March, 2017
- COF attended to support GTBank Head Office Free Medical Screening at the event (Muri Okunola Park) and its environs. On 24th of March 2017
- On the 29th in April 2017 COF Participated at RCCG Olive Tree Prison Ministry Medical Outreach at Ikoyi Prison.
- COF participation at Nnewi for Christ 2017 Festival, Anambra State on 1st of May 2017. The Programme was targeted to enlighten people about the risk factors associated with CVDs held at DCC Anglican Church, Nnewi, Anambra State.
The medical tests COF carried out include Blood Sugar, Cholesterol test, Body Mass Index Measurement, (BMI) and blood pressure and de-worming exercise for the participants and the children at the event, because a lot of the parents came with their children. We also distributed COF flyers, Emzor flyers and most of the COF health related booklets on the heart.
We had over 2,000 participants in attendance. Amongst were the Pastors and workers of Nnewi for Christ and members of the public
- On the 11th of May, the 8th Seminar on Entrepreneurship “From Rags to Riches” was held at the COCES Auditorium with resource persons who shared their experience with the students and participants.
- COF & EMZOR also supported RCCG Olive Tree Parish with Free Health Screening and drugs. It is an initiative by Her Excellency, Mrs Dolapo Osinbajo that is aimed at delivering hope and free health care to member of the public. This was held on the 10th of June at the Church premises.
- The Foundation marked its 8th Chike Okoli Foundation Week with free Medical Check up in Ladipo Market from Friday 29th – Saturday 30th, September 2017 to mark the World Heart Day.
We had over 1000 persons in attended that came & participated at the event.
- The Foundation supported the RCCG CAMP on the 5th of October, 2017 to support with free Medical Check Up and Free Drugs for 500 Administrators at the RCCG CAMP.
- On the 18th of October ,2017 COF Participated at the 5th Edition of Sarah Adebisi Sosan (SAS) Foundation Medical Outreach At Iba Local with free Medical checks; This includes: BMI Calculation, Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar,, Consultation and offering of free drugs etc.
Averagely, we attended to over 500 participants at the event. Most of the people who attended were members from the public who came from within the environment to participate in the programme.
- COF attended to support the RCCG Elders Council Lagos Province 48 at RCCG Salvation House, Ikorodu on 21/10/2017 with free basic medical check up.
- In continuation of the foundation’s vision, on the 24th of march, 2018 COF supported Catholic Church of Divine Mercy CCM Medical Fair with free medical check up . In average, we had over 500 participants with few cases of either hypertensive or high sugar level
- On the 5th of April, 2018 COF carried out community Outreach in Honour of Madam Matilda Nwannediya Nwaliezi Ohuabunwa, A Mother of Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa, Board member of the Foundation held at Arochukwu, Abia State
- The Foundation also supported with a Community Outreach in Honour of Lady Theresa Anyikwa in Akokwa, Imo State Mother in-Law to Prof Mrs Ngozi Ayinkwa, COCES Director on the 26th of April,
- COF participated at The RCCG Excel 2018 Prayer summit/Free Medical Check up held on the 6th of May at Tafawa Balewa Square TBS.
- COF provided free Medical Check up to support Rotary Club of Lekki Phase 1 humanitarian Project on the 7th of April 2018 at Maiyegun Community Lekki.